Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Is it paranoia when they really are out to get you?

It's no secret that marketeers use cookies to target relevant ads to those who have recently googled a product, but what if you simply think about it? I recently searched for reading glasses, only I didn't search online, I did it in person at the drug store.

So was it merely a coincidence when an ad for reading glasses promptly appeared in the right side panel ad on my web portal? The drug store wouldn't be using facial recognition software, would it?

I didn't think so, either. But I did have cookies for dessert the night before. Hmmmm.

Anyway, it's August and the song goes on:

Cleveland Foundation Centennial

In the eighth month of Christmas my CF gave to me

CLASSIC movie screenings

A CON-cert at Blossom

TRI-C JAZZ a-playin'

WADE O-VAL FREE

A day at-the-zoo

And-the-film fest

TWO North-Coast-tickets

And a RIDE on-the R-T-A

No comments: