Tuesday, August 17, 2010

More from the 'You can't make this stuff up' department

Item: In New York on Sunday a woman ordering a plain bagel refused to answer the barista's persistent question, "Butter or cheese?" and wound up on the sidewalk after police ejected her.

She must have loved Jack Nicholson in Easy Rider.

Item: In the Cleveland suburb of Shaker Heights someone damaged a 12-inch by 3-inch section of grass near the 14th hole of the local country club.

Back when I was a caddy, we called that a divot!

Item: In Boston doctors found a pea sprouting in the lung of a 75-year-old man. They also found mushrooms, but won't say where.

Okay, that last part was made up.

1 comment:

Michael Q said...

Good stuff, Dad. Fyi, I was confused when the url to the various news stories was embedded in the names of the cities where they happened. I thought if I clicked on the city names I would be taken to the city websites. Maybe that's just me, I'm easily confused. Anyway, you can get a lot of mileage commenting on oddball news stories...those are more fun than the actual news!