Sunday, February 7, 2010

There's the news and there's what comes after the news

Now that Toyota has come clean on the sticking accelerator pedals, I wonder how many parents are apologizing to their teenage drivers, having blamed them for dented fenders, speeding tickets and tire tracks in the driveway.

-----

Marine biologists have been trying to determine why blue whales sang at a much higher pitch in the 60's than they do now. I think the reason is obvious:

They were imitating Frankie Valli.

-----

The European Union has bestowed its Traditional Speciality Guaranteed label on Naples' most famous culinary creation: the pizza. From now on every Italian pizza must be vetted by a special commission.

But what will that do to the 20-minute delivery?

4 comments:

John Ettorre said...

This made me doubly glad that we've been a Honda family.

Mike Q said...

Don't speak too soon. Trouble is, all of the car companies are squeezing their suppliers so much that everyone cuts corners to a dangerous degree.

Unknown said...

Now I know why I ended up in Cleveland Clinic last Oct. 29. It was God punishing me for giving my great-nephew a much-used Corolla the day before.

Mike Q said...

You taught him a good lesson, Nick: Never trust anyone. Good to hear from you.